Students who participate in an exchange program must meet the following requirements:
- At the undergraduate level, have completed the equivalent of at least one year of full-time study in the program in which they are enrolled at their home university.
- At the graduate level, have completed at least the first semester of the master's or doctoral program in which they are enrolled at their home university.
- Remain enrolled in the program of study at their home university while at UdeM.
- Obtain from their home university the approval of the study plan they intend to follow at the UdeM.
- Have an intermediate advanced knowledge of French.
- Have a good academic record.
- Meet the specific requirements of the UdeM unit in which they wish to study.